- Structural Pest Inspection can be used for continuing education credits in Indiana.
- Structural Pest Inspection can be used for continuing education credits in New Hampshire.
- Structural Pest Inspection can be used for continuing education credits in New Jersey.
- Structural Pest Inspection can be used for continuing education credits in Oregon.
- Structural Pest Inspection can be used for continuing education credits in Wisconsin.
Hours: 24 | Type: Distance
PHII's Structural Pest Course is dedicated to pest management training and, rated at 24 hours, is the most comprehensive training program offered online. This course will instruct you about the different types and species of wood-destroying and other pests, and will also offer guidance as to how to inspect and write your findings in reports. This extensive course was designed in accordance with EPA guidelines and will help you to obtain your structural pest inspector license (SPI). Adding this lucrative service to your business will help your bottom line.
The course contains copious information in several well-written, easy-to-follow lessons. The information in the course will help you understand how to identify and detect termites and other wood-destroying pests. Beetles, ants, bees, and fungi are all included in the course information, as well as the methods used and recommended for pest prevention and control. After obtaining your SPI license, you have the option to determine whether pesticide application is an additional service you would like to offer.
After being reviewed by a respected university entomologist for accuracy and to meet state guidelines for pest courses, this course has been approved to aid you in becoming an SPI. The interactive self-paced lessons include extensive information about the biology of dampwood and drywood. Exhaustively covering subterranean termites, anobiid beetles, wood borer beetles, powderpost beetles, carpenter ants, moisture ants, leafcutter bees, carpenter bees, blue stain fungus, brown/white rot, and more, this course will prepare you to combat these pests in the arena of residential homes.
Included in each lesson are user-responsive flash cards and practice quizzes that allow you to verify what you've learned quickly and easily through feedback. Your computer or other Internet-connected device records your results so you can easily track your progress or resume where you stopped. After you've completed the course and passed the final examination, you will be armed with the knowledge and expertise you will need to inspect for residential pests and obtain your SPI license.
What You Will Master
- Pest identification, prevention, and control.
- National Standards of Practice for pest inspections.
- How and where to find pest infestations.
- The Code of Ethics for pest inspectors
- How to complete a pest inspection report
- Course CD-ROM
- Tracking via the Internet
- Online Course Access
- Computerized Flashcards & Testing
- Certificate of Completion
- Toll Free Student Support
- Free Membership in NSHI, the National Society of Home Inspectors.
When you enroll in PHII's Pest Course, you have the option to purchase our Pest Inspection Report Creator software access at a discount, for only $199. PIRC is software specifically designed to make it easy for you to create, print, email or otherwise transmit detailed pest inspection reports for your clients using your computer, tablet, smartphone, or other Internet-connected mobile device. Enroll in the home inspection course and receive an even better discount - see the enrollment page for details.