Hours: 40 | Type: Distance
In many cases, the services of a Certified Mold Remediator and a Certified Mold Inspector are offered by the same person. If you are already a mold inspector, this may be a good service to offer in addition to your inspection services.
PMII's 40-hour, exhaustive and detailed Certified Mold Remediator (CMR) course will teach you how to remediate - correct and repair - mold contamination for both large and small projects. Upon first discovery, it is important to contain and clean mold-affected areas, and you will be taught how to do this, as well as how to find the source of the problem and repair it.
This detailed, extensive course is broken up into thirteen easy-to-grasp lessons. Taking this course and passing the exam will help you gain a thorough and in-depth knowledge of mold remediation including:
- Making a preliminary determination, calculating costs, and contracting labor.
- Ascertaining the extent of the remediation project and developing a five-step project strategy.
- How to perform Project Documentation to track the environmental conditions before and after the remediation.
- Contaminant control and removal protocols along with contaminant prevention.
- Creating negative air pressure differentials using HEPA-filtered ventilation equipment.
- Removing contaminated porous/semi-porous materials and cleaning non-porous materials.
- Structural diagnosis, remediation and contamination prevention methods.
As with our residential mold inspection course, PMII's course software uses interactive flash cards practice quizzes to test you during your studying. You will take periodic graded quizzes to test and verify your knowledge simultaneously through instant electronic feedback. Our secure servers capture your quiz and test results so you can easily begin again where you left off or track your progress.
In order to help you quickly and accurately calculate the estimated cost and timeframe required for a job, we also include Remediation Proposal Templates which you can use to make this task easier. When you finish the course, have mastered the content and pass the final exam, you will be a Certified Mold Remediator (CMR) and possess the knowledge and skills needed to start a full or part-time business, or add it to your existing services offered.
The course will also serve as great preparation for the Council-certified Indoor Microbial Remediator (CMR) certification exam. This examination is sponsored by the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC), which is a non-profit independent certifying body.
ACAC Course Reg.# 10091404. More information.
This course is provided by PMII, a separate division of our company.
Visit the Professional Mold Inspection Institute website for full details.
- Course CD-ROM
- Tracking via the Internet
- Online Course Access
- Report Templates
- Computerized Flashcards & Testing
- Toll Free Support
- CMR Certification
- Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings (EPA)
- Toll Free Student Support
- Free $149 Membership in NAMRI, National Association of Mold Remediators and Inspectors.