Hours: 16 | Type: Distance
PMII's 16-hour Mold Remediation Protocols continuing education course is designed by our professionals instructors to teach you the recommended work practices that help guarantee a successful mold remediation project, whether large or small. In the absence of state or federal guidelines for mold remediation protocols, it is left to the mold professional to decide which protocols to follow. In the United States and Canada, most remediation companies follow procedures from one of two respected organizations:
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Guidelines on Assessment and Remediation of Fungi in Indoor Environments
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) S520 Standard and Reference Guide for Mold Remediation.
PMII's Mold Remediation Protocols course describes, summarizes, and contrasts the recommended procedures from both organizations. In this way, you can make an informed choice that best suits your business and the assets at your disposal. This course is broken up into nine lessons and will help you gain an accurate understanding of responsible work practices from both organizations.
- Written contracts and project documentation
- How limitations and conflicts can affect a project
- Determining which party should correct moisture problems
- When to engage an indoor environmental professional (IEP)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and containment
- Methods of communication with affected parties
- The treatment of high value and unrestorable contents
- The use of disinfectants and gaseous biocides
- Recommended and required types of worker training
- The steps in work area preparation and containment removal
- The sequence of activities for HVAC remediation
As you move through and complete each lesson and quiz, you will take advantage of interactive flash cards and other interactive content, including instantly-graded practice quizzes that will allow you to verify your knowledge simultaneously through immediate feedback. Your computer records the results so you can easily track your progress. When you finish the course and pass the final exam, you will have the option to determine which of the two sets of protocols your mold remediation business will follow.
- Course CD-ROM
- Tracking via the Internet
- Online Course Access
- Report Templates
- Computerized Flashcards & Testing
- Toll Free Support
- Free $149 Membership in NAMRI, National Association of Mold Remediators and Inspectors.